Western Digital Ultrastar DC HC560 20TB Hard Drive
- 20TB Storage Capacity
- 3.5″ Form Factor
- SATA III 6 Gb/s Interface
- 512MB Cache
- 7200 rpm
- Up to 291 MB/s Transfer Rate
- 2.5 Million Hours MTBF
- 600,000 Load/Unload Cycles
- Workload Rating: 550TB per Year
- 0.35% Annualized Failure Rate (AFR)
Western Digital Ultrastar DC HC560 20 TB Hard Drive – 3.5 Internal – SATA [SATA/600] – Conventional Magnetic Recording [CMR] Method, Mechanical Hard Disk WUH722020ALE6L4
WD Ultrastar DC HC560
This 7200 RPM SATA HDD is based on proven CMR technology, and incorporates a suite of innovations to take capacity a step forward up to 20 TB. It’s optimized for heavy application workload with up to 550 TB / year workload rating. And enterprise-grade reliability and quality guarantee trouble-free performance in mission-critical, 24 x 7 applications like data center, hyper scale storage, and more.
Reimagining the HDD for Exponential Data Growth
Hyperscale cloud, CSPs, enterprises, smart video surveillance partners, NAS suppliers and more, need storage solutions to meet the exponential growth in data creation. When it comes to cost-effective storage of data at scale, hard disk drives (HDDs) continue to play a central role. IDC projects that in 2025, HDDs will represent 82% of storage capacity sold to the enterprise market*. HDDs deliver the capacity, performance, and reliability needed to store vast amounts of data today and well into the future. Investments in HDD technology remain critical to supporting worldwide data growth.
Western Digital has developed flash-enhanced drives with OptiNAND technology by vertically integrating the company’s leading NAND flash with its world-class HDDs. Western Digital HDDs have been leaders in areal density with industry first technologies of energy-assisted magnetic recording technology (EAMR), triple-stage actuator (TSA), HelioSeal, and now OptiNAND technology. Higher areal density means higher capacities to meet storage challenges.
20TB HDDs with OptiNAND Technology
OptiNAND integrates an iNAND Universal Flash Storage (UFS) Embedded Flash Drive (EFD) with traditional spinning disk media, and incorporates innovative changes to the firmware algorithm and system-on-a-chip (SoC). OptiNAND is not a hybrid technology. The drive works smarter, with enhanced firmware algorithms taking advantage of expanded metadata that has been offloaded to the iNAND, enabling more tracks per inch (TPI) with resulting in increased areal density.
The Ultrastar DC HC560, with the first implementation of OptiNAND technology’s capacity-enabling features, delivers an unbeaten 20TB capacity in a nine-disk platform (2.2TB/platter) with CMR recording format.
Trusted Reliability and Quality for Data at Scale
The Ultrastar DC HC560 meets modern data center reliability requirements with 2.5M MTBF (projected). It offers security and encryption options to help protect data from unauthorized use, including SED models. Trust Western Digital and the Ultrastar DC HC560 hard drive to deliver the highest capacity and greatest value for your data center.
- 20TB capacity in a standard 3.5″ format
- ePMR & CMR technology works with all capacity enterprise applications & environments
- OptiNAND for highest capacities
- Reliable, field-proven, 7th generation HelioSeal design delivers outstanding power efficiency
- HDD technologies, such as OptiNAND, EAMR, TSA, and HelioSeal
- 2.5 million hour MTBF (projected) and a limited 5-year warranty
- Self-encrypting drive (SED) options
- Cloud and hyperscale storage
- Massive scale-out (MSO), high-density data centers
- Distributed file systems
- Bulk storage using object storage solutions like Ceph and OpenStack Swift
- Primary and secondary storage for Apache Hadoop for big data analytics