Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe Gen4 Internal SSD
- HUGE SPEED BOOST: Get random read/write speeds that are 40%/55% faster than 980 PRO; Experience up to 1400K/1550K IOPS, while sequential read/write speeds up to 7,450/6,900 MB/s reach near the max performance of PCIe 4.0
- BREAKTHROUGH POWER EFFICIENCY: Use less power and get more performance; Enjoy up to 50% improved performance per watt over 980 PRO, plus optimal power efficiency with max PCIe 4.0 performance
- SMART THERMAL CONTROL: Samsung’s own nickel-coated controller delivers effective thermal control; With its slim size, 990 PRO is a perfect fit for desktops and laptops that meet the PCI-SIG D8 standard
- THE CHAMPION MAKER: Up to 65% improvement in random performance enables faster loads for an ultimate gaming experience on PS5 and DirectStorage PC games
- The Ultimate performance SSD designed for tech enthusiasts, hardcore gamers & heavy workload professionals who want blazing fast speed
- Enjoy near max PCIe4 speed (up to 7450 MB/s sequential read, 6900 MB/s sequential write)
- Experience blazing fast speed consistently as smart thermal management minimizes performance drop due to heating
The Ultimate SSD
Reach max performance of PCIe® 4.0. Experience longer-lasting, opponent-blasting speed. The in-house controller’s smart heat control delivers supreme power efficiency while maintaining ferocious speed and performance, to always keep you at the top of your game.
PCIe 4.0 speed maximised
Huge speed boost. 40% and 55% faster random read/write speeds than 980 PRO – up to 1,400K/1,550K IOPS, while sequential read/write speeds up to 7,450/6,900 MB/s reach near max performance of PCIe® 4.0. Fly high in gaming, video and 3D editing, data analysis, and more.
Breakthrough power efficiency
More power-efficient performance. Higher performance usually consumes more power. 990 PRO uses less power with up to 50% improved performance per Watt over 980 PRO. This low-power design makes max PCIe® 4.0 performance possible with optimal power efficiency.
Smart thermal solution
Speed beyond the heat. The nickel-coated controller and cutting-edge thermal control algorithm manage heat for unwavering performance. The heat spreader label controls NAND chip heat, while Dynamic Thermal Guard keeps temperatures optimal.
The champion maker
The best gameplay experience. A more than 55% improvement in random performance enables faster loads for ultimate gaming realism on PS5 and DirectStorage PC games.
Samsung Magician software
Unlock the full power of 990 PRO. Samsung Magician software’s user-friendly suite of optimisation tools always gets you the best SSD performance. Protect data, get updates, and monitor drive health. Your personal SSD toolkit.
|Application||Client PCs, Game Consoles|
|Form Factor||M.2 (2280)|
|Interface||PCIe Gen 4.0 x4, NVMe 2.0|
|Dimension (Pack: WxHxD)||80 x 22 x 2.3 mm|
|Weight||Max 9.0g Weight|
|Storage Memory||Samsung V-NAND 3-bit MLC|
|Controller||Samsung in-house Controller|
|Cache Memory||Samsung 2 GB Low Power DDR4 SDRAM|
|GC (Garbage Collection)||Auto Garbage Collection Algorithm|
|WWN Support||Not supported|
|Encryption Support||AES 256-bit Encryption (Class 0)TCG/Opal IEEE1667 (Encrypted drive)|
|Device Sleep Mode Support||Yes|
|Sequential Read||Up to 7,450 MB/s Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration|
|Sequential Write||Up to 6,900 MB/s Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration|
|Random Read (4KB, QD32)||Up to 1,400,000 IOPS Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration|
|Random Write (4KB, QD32)||Up to 1,550,000 IOPS Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration|
|Random Read (4KB, QD1)||Up to 22,000 IOPS Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration|
|Random Write (4KB, QD1)||Up to 80,000 IOPS Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration|
|Average Power Consumption (system level)||*Average: 5.5 W*Maximum: 8.5 W (Burst mode)* Actual power consumption may vary depending on system hardware & configuration|
|Power consumption (Idle)||Max. 55 mW * Actual power consumption may vary depending on system hardware & configuration|
|Allowable Voltage||3.3 V ± 5 % Allowable voltage|
|Reliability (MTBF)||1.5 Million Hours Reliability (MTBF)|
|Operating Temperature||0 - 70 ℃ Operating Temperature|
|Shock||1,500 G & 0.5 ms (Half sine)|
|Installation Kit||Not Available|
|Management SW||Magician Software for SSD management|
|Warranty||5 Year Limited Warranty or 1200 TBW Limited Warranty|
|Note||*** Features, Price, Specifications are subject to change without notice.|